Activities Requiring Approvals as defined by Alberta Water Act
The Alberta Act regulates any activity conducted in and around surface water and groundwater. Any development or project that may affect or harm the land or vegetation under or around a body of water or affect the location, flow, or quality of the water or its environment will require prior approval from Alberta Environment.
The Alberta Water Act’s Primary Focus:
- Manage and conserve water resources ensuring environmental sustainability in the present time and the future.
- Ensure Alberta’s economic growth and well-being.
- An integrated approach and extensive, adaptable administration and management system — focusing on reasonable eco plans, regulatory requirements, and market forces.
- Shared responsibility of all Albertans for the conservation and smart use of water and their role in recommending water management methods and decision making.
- Stressing the importance of working in conjunction with governments of various jurisdictions with regards to trans-border water management.
- The integral role of clear and responsive measures in delivering the Alberta Water Act.
CONSEQUENCES OF NOT RECIEVING APPROVALS
WHY CHOOSE GREEN PLAN LTD FOR YOUR NEXT PROJECT?
Our dedicated Green Plan team of experts will help streamline the environmental approval process and help clients adhere to compliance measures required to execute their projects as soon as possible. Our professional services include Environmental
Assessments, Design and Mitigation Planning, Federal, Provincial, and Municipal Permitting and Compliance Management.
We believe in transparency, honesty, and integrity when it comes to our client’s projects. For over 30 years, Green Plan has been providing efficient, timely service and remains available and responsive from the project’s start to finish. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or would like to book an appointment with one of our team members.