Environmental protection planning for both private and federally regulated railways.
We know Rail.
We have extensive experience in environmental protection planning for both private and federally regulated railways. We have successfully completed over 50 transload and 20 siding extension approvals including several Canadian Environmental Assessment Act (CEAA) level assessments. We have also written several policies and procedures and conducted related training throughout North America.
- Environmental Studies and Assessments pursuant to the CEAA and other jurisdictions
- Corporate risk assessment such as Project Initiator Environmental Reviews (PIER) pursuant to CN Corporate Policy
- Federal approvals associated with the Transportation Act, the Fisheries Act and the Navigable Waters Protection Act among others
- Project Initiators Environmental Reviews (PIER)
- Provincial approvals for Industrial railways pursuant to the Railway (Alberta) Act
- Provincial approvals related to the Water Act, the Alberta Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act, among others
- Crown land use leases and agreements in accordance with the Public Lands Act
- Municipal development permits and related studies
- Environmental Management Plans for new construction: hazardous materials, stormwater, wastewater, and emergency response among others
- Environmental Training and Compliance Monitoring
We are looking forward to getting your project approved. Let’s start now!