Let’s get some highways made!
We know the road ahead.
Highway and water infrastructure (culverts and bridges) construction and rehabilitation is the responsibility of Alberta Transportation or the governing Municipal authority. Both jurisdictions are subject to an array of regulatory approvals and planning policies to manage related environmental impacts. The main Provincial statutes include the Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act (AEPEA) and the Water Act. Municipal requirements are typically spelled out in the Land-Use Bylaw and corresponding planning polices and standards.
Green Plan has extensive experience in planning road and water infrastructure projects from Provincial highway twinning to municipal road rehabilitation.
- Strategic environmental planning associated with road design and routing
- Environmental Assessments pursuant to EPEA and the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act (CEAA) and other jurisdictions
- Alberta Transportation ECO Plans and Environmental Overviews and Natural Site Assessments pursuant to Municipal Land–Use Bylaws and Planning Polices
- Provincial Water Act and Federal Fisheries Act Authorizations; wetland assessments and mitigation plans, water management, water licensing, steam crossings, fish habitat etc.
- Notification as per the Code of Practice for Watercourse Crossings and Code of Practice for Outfall Structures on Water Bodies
- Crown land road use leases and agreements (DLO, LOC) pursuant to the Public Lands Act
- Crown land use leases and agreements in accordance with the Public Lands Act
- Environmental Management Plans for Highway Maintenance Yards pursuant to Alberta Transportation policy
- Environmental Inspection and Compliance Monitoring
We are looking forward to getting your project approved. Let’s start now!